School Meals & Pupil Premium Registration
School Meals at Ss Peter and Paul
Ss Peter and Paul offer all pupils a variety of hot/cold food every lunch time. The menu is available for you to download below. The cost of this meal for those pupils who are not entitled to Free School Meals is £2.30 per day. This should be paid through parentmail.co.uk. If you need help with setting this up, please contact the school office.
If your child is in the infant classes they are entitled to a free school meal through the Universal Infant Free School Meal scheme however, please note the information below: For further information about the difference between UIFSM and Free School Meals please click the link at the bottom of the page - 'who should apply'.
IS YOUR CHILD ENTITLED TO FREE SCHOOL MEALS?
(Even if they already get a free meal as part of the Universal Infant Free School Meal Scheme)
Did you know just registering your child for Free School Meals means that our school receives extra money which has to be spent only on the education of free school meals students.
This extra money is called the Pupil Premium and its purpose is to ensure that children from low income families are not at a financial disadvantage during their education as a result of home circumstances. Children don’t have to take our meals if they don’t want to but, if they are on our Free School Meals register, then they qualify for all sorts of other benefits such as reduced costs of certain activities such as extracurricular activities and music tuition.
In order for the school to receive the Pupil Premium funding a Parent/Carer must be claiming one of the following benefits:
· Income Support
· Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
· Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
· Child Tax Credit (but no Working Tax Credit is being received by the claimant or his/her partner and the combined annual income as assessed by HMIR on a TC602 form is not above £16,190)
· The Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit
· Asylum Seeker under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 It’s very easy to apply and you will not need to provide proof of income. You can apply on line by accessing the link below.
· Telephone 0151 606 2000
· Apply on line at https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims-wirral
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
There is no requirement for parents/carers of children already in receipt of free school meals to register or re-apply.
There is more information available on www.wirral.gov.uk/free-school-meals