It is always a privilege to welcome children and their families to our school. At Saints Peter and Paul, we aim to make this important step a pleasant and rewarding one for both you and your child. We look forward to working in partnership with you, nurturing children who are loving and happy individuals. We want our children to be confident in their faith and beliefs, able to face challenges, know what is important and to speak up when something is wrong. We encourage our children to be aspirational and to achieve the best they can with their academic learning. We want them to look back in years to come, on the fond memories of their journey and time spent here at Ss. Peter and Paul.
If you are considering a place for your child at Ss. Peter and Paul, you will find here, all the information you need prior to applying. Please access the link below for further information about F2 admissions for September 2021.
The ‘School admissions code 2021’ came into force on 1 September 2021. Please note the key changes made to the school Admission Policy for 2021-22
- An application can be made for a place for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. An application should be made by completing and returning the in-year admissions application form available on the Wirral Council website at wirral.gov.uk/schooladmissions or by calling 0151 606 2020 during office hours.
- Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria, as set out in the admission arrangements for 2021-22, will be applied. Please refer to the oversubscription criteria below. Parents are advised to read the admission arrangements carefully before making their application.
- If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list. Please see the admission arrangements for more details.
- You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school days of receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of their application within 10 school days of receipt.
- You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful.
- If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions please contact Wirral Council website at wirral.gov.uk/schooladmissions or by calling 0151 606 2020 during office hours.
Where there are more applications for places than the number of places available, places will be offered according to the following order of priority.
- Catholic looked after and previously looked after children. (see notes 2&3)
- Other looked after and previously looked after children. (see note 2)
- Catholic children who are resident in the parish of Holy Apostles & Martyrs (see notes 3&11)
- Other Catholic children. (see note 3)
- Catechumens and members of an Eastern Christian Church. (see notes 4&5)
- Children of other Christian denominations whose membership is evidenced by a minister of religion. (see note 6)
- Children of other faiths whose membership is evidenced by a religious leader. (see note 7)
- Any other children.
Within each of the categories listed above, the following provisions will be applied in the following order.
- The attendance of a brother or sister at the school at the time of enrolment will increase the priority of an application within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made after children in (1) above (see note 8).
- The children of staff will be given increased priority within each category so that the application will be placed at the top of the category in which the application is made after children in (1) above (see note 10).
Follow the web link below to visit Wirral School Admissions and apply for a place at the school for your child.
If you have any questions which have not been answered here or in the admissions policy, please contact the school office on 0151 639 2991 or firstname.lastname@example.org